Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Hot in Here!

I'm pretty sure that today is the hottest day that I've ever experienced in Chicago. It's currently 98 degrees with a heat index of 106. Walking up Randolph to the AON Building and over to the farmer's market was brutal. I've been zapped of any energy ... unmotivated ... fussy ... sticky ... . I snuck in a quick 20-minute run late Sunday night because I was too lazy to get up at 6:00 a.m. to beat the blazing sun for my usual Marquette Park weekend run. The Nike Run Hit Remix 5 mile race is coming up in 2-1/2 weeks. I'm hoping that the temperatures will have dropped down by then because, if memory serves me correctly, 88 degree late night runs and me do not mix well. Keep cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corporate naming - Barf! It will always be the Standard Oil / Amoco building!