Thursday, October 04, 2007

Two Days

Janice and I will be flying to Ireland to celebrate her 40th birthday in two short days. After physical therapy tonight, there'll be some last minute shopping and then one last day of work. This will be my first trip to Europe ... I'm so excited!

Bits & pieces from the last month:
  • began physical therapy three weeks ago and it has helped to strengthen my leg; my surgeon gave me the green light for the trip and asked me to bring him back a picture of my knee on the Blarney Stone;
  • inched closer to 40 myself by turning 38 on September 5th; Darrin and the girls gave me an iPod because he was embarrassed to see me with my portable CD player;
  • Dawn & Larry left California and moved back home to Chicago;
  • the girls are in the midst of volleball season and doing well in school; and
  • the garden is winding down; the sedum and pansies are the last bits of color; had lots cucumbers and there are a few tomatoes left on the vine.

I'm determined to be more regular in my posts. Expect lots of pics from the trip.

No comments: