Monday, January 07, 2008

"I'm here to make you happy."

It's the 7th day of January and it is officially 60 degrees in Chicago at 9:48 a.m. It may be odd, but I won't complain -- grey street grime and all. As I walked in this morning, I was blown away by the view of the lake front from my office's reception area. It reminded me of that scene from Forrest Gump where Forrest and Capt. Dan are out on the boat in the Bayou during sunset (where Capt. Dan thanks Forrest for saving his life in Vietnam). Lake Michigan was calm and still and framed by pinks and muddled blues.

Today will be my first official day back at the gym (I tagged a membership onto Darrin's Bally's membership). My goal: 10-15 minute warm up on the elliptical machine and then weight training. I'm putting running off until I notice some definite strength improvement in the quads. Wednesday is yoga and I'll repeat again on Friday. Baby steps ...

No comments: