Saturday, February 09, 2008

Last Weekend ... in 3D


I've been battling a cold for the past two weeks; so, that is my defense for the lag in my posts. I did muster enough energy to make it to down to Navy Pier last weekend to see U2 3D with Janice. It was an amazing way to see the band perform ... would've been so much better if the crowd was more into it, but very cool nonetheless. At one point, it seemed like I was going to get hit upside the head by Adam's bass guitar during one song. I also liked the over-head angle they shot Larry playing drums because it gave you a very different perspective that you don't get to see in regular concert DVD's. Two thumbs up!
I also ended up taking my daughters to see the Hannah Montana 3D movie (because I promised). Caitlyn & Alex are really more fans of the Jonas Brothers, but they seemed to like the whole concert ... Miley Cyrus and all.
Back to this weekend ... we were with Alex down in Crete today while she was cheering at a basketball tournament for the boys' basketball team. (Bruins won 1st place!) Caitlyn is working her first real job this weekend at one of the concession stands at the auto show. Winter refuses to cut us some slack. The high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be 4 degrees with windchills -20 degrees. I'm ready for a little sun ... and a good night's sleep.

No comments: