Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Past Week (and a Half)

I had every intention to update my blog last week, but a few techno issues involving my new Blackberry prevented me from doing so. Okay, it sounds lame, but it is a totally viable excuse. When you can upload photos and post text while riding the 'el into work, you're definitely making the most of your time. Anyhow, here are highlights from the week that was:
  • Last Monday (July 7th) was Ringo Starr's birthday. He wanted everyone around the world to join together at Noon and say, "peace and love." The rumor was that he was to appear at Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park. Since it's along my usual running path and I'm a HUGE Beatles' fan, I ran over and waited along with 35 others in the misty rain for Ringo to appear. We waited ... and waited ... until someone in the group received a phone call. It turned out that Ringo was over at the Hard Rock Hotel -- a block and a half from my office. Sigh. At Noon, we all did raise our hands up and make the peace sign.
  • During Tuesday's run, a stranger high-fived me as I ran by, which, in a funny-strange way, provided motivation.
  • Isn't it wonderful to just have a day where you can just hang out at home and do NOTHING! Saturday was that day for me. Outside of pulling weeds in my garden and attending a graduation open house in the evening, it was a lazy day. Darrin bought the Wii Fit game and the four of us were down in the basement taking turns exercising with our little Wii characters.
  • The graduation open house that we attended was for the daughter of Darrin's best friend, Jim. Danielle is the first of our friends' kids who has graduated high school and is moving on to college. They played a DVD of pictures beginning from when she was a baby up through her childhood and it included the graduation ceremony. It was set to music and almost all of the women watching it got teary-eyed. I can't imagine how much more emotional I'll be when Caitlyn graduates in two years.
  • Speaking of tears, I caught the end of "Steel Magnolias" tonight on the Oxygen network and cried, too.

1 comment:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Well now, that sounds like an eventful week!