Monday, September 05, 2011

42


42, originally uploaded by Meridith Louise.

I have lived half of my life at this point. It's a privilege that a few of my friends have not had.

"Those who are dead are not dead
They’re just living in my head;
And since I fell for that spell
I am living there as well
Oh ... "

I still can recall the sound of their voices. The tones; the accents; the familiar way they'd call my name. And then there are some voices that I strain to remember. I can see mouths move in pictures from memories past, but nothing comes out. Just like a bad dream where you're falling and you never seem to hit the ground.

Perhaps, that memory of their voice is just a gift that God leaves us when He takes home the ones who leave this earth a little too early.

"Time is so short and I’m sure
There must be something more." - "42" by Coldplay

No comments: