Monday, May 07, 2007

Pictures and a Paragraph -- Part II

O.F.C.A. Class of 1987: The Unofficial 20-Year Reunion










I had a wonderful time at our Friday evening get-together at Gino's East in Orland Park. I was a bit nervous earlier in the week, but all that passed away as soon as I sat down at the table with my old friends. Just saying "20 years since my high school graduation" is mind blowing. Although many of us are separated by thousands of miles, once we're together, the stories flow colorfully and fondly. It was so good to catch up with one another and hear about what other people in our class are up to these days. My daughters wanted to come with, so they sat on the end and listened tentatively to the tales of old (they love hearing about things we did as kids).

So, Paul, Bryan, Jeff, Zack and Mark ... you each have grown into amazing men who still follow after God's own heart. Thank you for accepting this northside girl in the fall of '86 and making me a part of your class. Words fail to express the appreciation I have for your friendship.

Go Patriots!

2 comments:

zsmitty said...

Meridith,

Wow! 20 yrs is a long time, yet it seemed like we were able to pick up right where we left off as if nothing changed (except we are much wiser in our old age!) Thanks for staying in touch with Paul to help make this all happen. Hopefully, we can reconnect sooner in the future.

-Zack

Anonymous said...

Wish I coulda been there! Everybody looks the same- give or take an extra pound or two (like I can talk). What about those of us who couldn't make it? So all in all, how many of us appreciated the education and teachings that we received from OFCA? How has that shaped us?

-Imogene