Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"... another beautiful name."

Today I met British chef Gordon Ramsay at Macy's during a promotional appearance for his new book, "Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food". Ramsay's BBC show "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" is one of the few shows that Darrin and I will sit down and watch together. (Ramsay seemed to get a kick out of hearing that tidbit). My friend Sandra and I made our way through a one hour long que for the book signing, but it was worth it. He was extremely pleasant, charming and chatted with everyone. When Ramsay saw my name on the Post-it for the inscription on the book, he commented, "another beautiful name" in that British accent of his. I babbled on about how it was a pleasure to meet him (hoping in the back of my mind that my words were making sense)and then I shook his hand. Sandra and I said good-bye and then it was over. We stood by the side and giggled like a bunch of school girls. We headed back to the office clutching our new cook book and savoring the moment.


Chef Gordon Ramsay



Sandra couldn't wipe that smile off of her face.


Gordon and I in deep conversation ... too bad I spaced our and forgot to mention that my name was spelled in the Welsh tradition. He's a runner, too!

1 comment:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

That's pretty cool, I'm very easily starstruck when I meet famous people!