Wednesday, May 14, 2008

... mark, get set, Go!

It's too late for me to up on a week night, but my "to do list" for Caitlyn's sweet 16 birthday party is not getting any shorter. I'm multi-tasking at the moment (cleaning up memory cards, uploading photos to Flickr, watching Top Chef and blogging).

We spent last Saturday cheering on Alex at her track and field meet. She did very well, taking first place in the 5th & 6th grade girls 400 meter and 50 meter, as well as placing in the softball throw, running jump and girls' relay.

While at the meet, I had a flashback to the day I raced Monique T. in 9th grade at the Marquette Park track during a youth activity. I remember running as fast as I could and barely being able to catch my breath. I had to beat her because the boy I liked really liked her and, well, you know how those things go. We were neck and neck for most of the race, but I somehow managed to pull ahead at the end. My racing days are long over and I now look forward to running a 5K with Alex this Summer.









Tools of the trade.




Alex holding all of her ribbons.

2 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Like mother like daughter......you must be proud!

Meridith said...

Most definitely!